Before construction begins, LB Contractors & Company Inc. will:
• Evaluate the client’s needs and the
project’s feasibility and make sure the project is a
• Coordinate design study and research zoning
issues with city (and, when applicable,
• Coordinate architectural design (including
mechanical and structural systems).
• Develop budget and analyze costs.
• Set start date and coordinate with city to
ensure plans are complete and on schedule.
• Coordinate the bidding process.
• Draw up and negotiate construction contract.
• Develop a detailed, daily schedule of work.
• Provide client with detailed list (with deadlines)
for all necessary client decisions.
• Collaborate with designers (including exterior,
interior, landscape and audio/visual).
• Meet with all project superintendents, subcontractors,
and building inspectors at job site
to discuss scope of work.
During Construction, LB Contractors & Company Inc. will:
• Develop scope of work for all subcontractors
• Draw up daily and weekly performance goals.
• Manage critical-path schedule to insure timely
• Track cost, value and performance of all
tradesmen and categories of work.
• Oversee all subcontractors and ensure their
• Hold weekly on-site meetings with client,
contractor and project superintendent present.
(Architect, designers and subcontractors attend as needed.)
• Generate daily log and weekly progress reports
to insure all team members are informed
and up to date.
• Coordinate all inspections to ensure smooth
flow of work.
• Generate bimonthly invoices highlighting
budget, any changes, schedule, percentage
complete by category and total amount due.
• Secure project against theft and vandalism.
(Most projects are gated and lit.)
• Document project in photographs accessible
After substantial completion, LB Contractors & Company Inc. will:
• Coordinate with client to create punch lists
and execute all items.
• Supply client with written instructions and
specifications on all systems.
• Meet with client and subcontractors for a
final walk-through with explanations on use of
• Provide a maintenance schedule for all household
• Warranty work for at least one year after
• Stipulated sum: Fixed
price based on construction cost, overhead, markup and risk
involved. This arrangement may appeal to the client who insists on
a fixed price. (Price
includes only items included on the contracted cost breakdown.)
• Cost plus percentage of cost: Percentage
of construction cost and overhead. This
arrangement may appeal to the client who wants to exert more control
over details of
the project. But it requires considerable
attention to paperwork by the client and/or
LB Contractors & Company Inc. and all of its subcontractors carry
• Workman’s compensation insurance.
• $5,000,000 general liability insurance.